Skip to main content
The Online Resource for Massachusetts Poverty Law Advocates
Mass Legal Services
Username or e-mail
Request new password
Find Legal Aid / LRF
News & Blogs
Practice Areas Library
Consumer & Tax
Disability Rights & Services
Disaster Relief and Recovery
Legal Services Administration
Research & Litigation
Websites Project & Technology
2017 EAEDC Advocacy Guide
Part 8: Overpayments and Fraud
94. What if I am overpaid?
95. Do I have to repay an unintentional program violation?
96. What is an intentional program violation? What is welfare fraud?
97. When can my benefits be stopped for an intentional program violation?
98. What should I do if I am contacted by the Bureau of Special Investigations (BSI)?
99. Can DTA cut my benefits to pay itself back?
100. How does DTA collect over-payments if I am not receiving benefits?
101. Can I go to jail? Will I have a criminal record?
‹ 93. Can I fix my problems without going to a hearing?
94. What if I am overpaid? ›