The Online Resource for Massachusetts Poverty Law Advocates

41. What other benefits do I have to apply for?

You have to apply for any other benefits DTA thinks you might be eligible for. 106 C.M.R. §§ 702.700, 702.710. This includes applications for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security, Railroad Retirement, Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Compensation, and other benefits for which you appear eligible. If you are elderly or disabled, DTA will insist that you apply for SSI benefits and cooperate in the SSI application process. 106 C.M.R. § 702.710(B). See Questions 22 and 42.

Limit Offer