7. How can I pay for medical exams to prove my eligibility?

You do not need to pay for any exams or tests.

If you are not already receiving MassHealth, the DTA office should give you a temporary MassHealth card to pay for all the medical examinations and tests you need to have the medical report completed and to establish disability. 106 C.M.R. § 702.125(F).

This EAEDC Medical benefit covers physical and psychological evaluations needed to prove disability. 130 C.M.R. § 450.106.

You can also use the EAEDC Medical card for other medical care, such as filling a prescription for medication. See Question 65 for more information on EAEDC Medical and MassHealth coverage.