You are here

13. What information can I self-declare?

ALERT:  Many of the rules in the SNAPAdvocacy Guide do NOT apply during the pandemic. Please go to the following COVID-19 & DTA benefits page: until further notice for more information about changes.

You can self-declare the following information for SNAP eligibility:
  • Your household composition – for example, if you live with others but purchase and prepare most of your food separately.
  • The U.S. citizenship of any household member.
  • Your date of birth.
  • Your shelter expenses such as your rent or homeownership costs, and the type of utilities you pay for.
  • Your child care or adult dependent care expenses.

See list of SNAP verifications at application: 106 C.M.R. §§ 361.610

DTA should accept your self-declaration unless DTA determines the information is questionable. See Question 17. You can write down this information on your SNAP Application, Recertification or Interim Report forms. You can also send DTA a written statement that you sign and date or report certain by uploading them to your case through DTA Connect. See also Appendix C for a sample self-declaration from for shelter and dependent care costs.

DTA Online Guide: Cross Programs > Verifications > Verification Overview > Signatures on Verifications