11. What happens during the interview?
During the interview, the DTA worker should:
- Screen you for expedited (emergency) benefits. See Question 3.
- Confirm the information you gave on your application and any information DTA gets through government databases.
- Review the documents you sent in, tell you what verifications (proofs) DTA needs and when they are due. See Question 12.
- Answer any questions you have and offer to help if you need help getting verifications or contacting a third party for information.
- Review the exemptions and the work rules if you or a household member is subject to the ABAWD 3-month time limit. (Note, the ABAWD time limit is not in place right now). See Question 60.
- Tell you how long your benefits are certified for, what changes you need to report to DTA, and when you need to send back an Interim Report and/or a Recertification form. See Question 94.
- Explain your rights and responsibilities, as well as the penalties for committing fraud or for other program rules.
- Issue you an EBT card if one has not already been issued and you don't have one – either by mail or in person at the DTA office – and tell you how to use the EBT card.
SNAP interview rules: 106 C.M.R. §§361.500- 361-550.
DTA Online Guide
See Appendix G for links to the DTA's BEACON 5 Online Guide for this section.