Skip to main content
The Online Resource for Massachusetts Poverty Law Advocates
Mass Legal Services
Username or e-mail
Request new password
Find Legal Aid / LRF
News & Blogs
Practice Areas Library
Consumer & Tax
Disability Rights & Services
Disaster Relief and Recovery
Legal Services Administration
Research & Litigation
Websites Project & Technology
2018 Emergency Assistance Advocacy Guide
Part I -- Emergency Assistance Eligibility
1. What is Emergency Assistance (EA)?
2. Where can you apply for EA?
3. Which families experiencing homelessness are eligible for EA?
4. What is the EA income limit?
5. What income is and is not counted for EA?
6. What is the asset limit for EA?
7. What are the EA transfer of asset rules?
8. Who qualifies as "homeless enough" for EA?
9. What kind of health and safety risk is serious enough to be eligible under category number 4?
10. Can you be denied emergency shelter even if you are homeless enough and are financially eligible for EA?
11. Can you get EA if you are not a United States citizen or not a Massachusetts resident?
12. What if you do not have proof of your eligibility when you apply for EA?
1. What is Emergency Assistance (EA)? ›