15. What if you are denied EA shelter but have no safe place to sleep?

If you are denied EA shelter and have no place to sleep you will be given a list of shelters, but those have very few available beds. You may be able to access local referrals by calling 2-1-1 from anywhere in the state. If you live in the City of Boston, you may call the Mayor’s hotline (dial 3-1-1, available 24 hours a day, or (617) 635-4500). You may also want to call your State Representative and/or State Senator for help. You can call the State House switchboard at (617) 722-2000 or find their names and direct numbers at https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator. Or you can contact a local legal services advocate.