Click the links below for several tips sheets on how to work with an interpreter and more effecively communicate with LEP clients.
- Working with Interpreters: 10 Important Tips for Communicating with Clients with Limited English Proficiency created by Greater Boston Legal Services, MA
- Working with Interpreters Tip Sheet is adapted from material created by Community Legal Services in Philadelphia, PA
- Guide for Effective Communication when Using an Interpreter is adapted from materials created by Hale and Dorr Legal Services Center, Boston, MA
- Tips for Providers Working with an Interpreter created by Maryland Legal Aid
- Working with Interpreters Outside of the Courtroom: A Guide for Legal Service Providers created by Ayuda Community Legal Interpreting Bank
Documents are also attached below.
To save files, right click and choose 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'