Working with an Interpreter Tip Sheets
Click the links below for several tips sheets on how to work with an interpreter and more effecively communicate with LEP clients.
- Working with Interpreters: 10 Important Tips for Communicating with Clients with Limited English Proficiency created by Greater Boston Legal Services, MA
- Working with Interpreters Tip Sheet is adapted from material created by Community Legal Services in Philadelphia, PA
- Guide for Effective Communication when Using an Interpreter is adapted from materials created by Hale and Dorr Legal Services Center, Boston, MA
- Tips for Providers Working with an Interpreter created by Maryland Legal Aid
- Working with Interpreters Outside of the Courtroom: A Guide for Legal Service Providers created by Ayuda Community Legal Interpreting Bank
Documents are also attached below.
|Working with Interpreters Tip Sheet_format - FINAL VERSION.docx (36.51 KB)
|Working with Interpreters Tip Sheet_0.pdf (17.17 KB)
|Guide for Effective Communication with Using an Interpreter.doc (44.5 KB)
|TIPS FOR PROVIDERS WORKING WITH AN INTERPRETER.doc (30 KB)
|Ayuda Working with Interpreters brochure2.pdf (653.19 KB)