Translated Document Bank
Welcome to the translated document bank. In order to maximize the use of resources of legal service organizations, this document bank provides a template of already translated documents that can be used across organizations.
In order to be posted, the document must meet the following criteria:
- Posted with an English version of the document,
- Translated by someone with translation experience (i.e. professional translator, qualified bilingual staff, translation firm, etc.), and
- Reviewed by at least one additional fluent (preferably native) speaker of the target language.
Additional Best Practices:
- Documents should be in plain English before they are translated into the target language.
- Translated documents should be sent to the client with an English version to assist client helpers (unless there are confidentiality issues).
- Any document that has been edited should be reviewed by a bilingual individual in the target language before being used.
You may add documents to this translated document bank by sending an email to email@example.com. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Use the email account associated with your MLS loggin,
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the "to" field of your email,
- Write the name of the document as the subject line of your email,
- Write a short description of the document in the body of your email, it will appear as the description of your post,
- Make sure that the first line of the body of your email says - library: language-access
You may also contact Moriah Nelson, email@example.com, to post a document. The language access moderator reserves the right to review and approve or reject documents before posting.