How to Obtain Your Criminal Record in Massachusetts


If you have ever had any contact with the police, you may have a criminal record. If so, you need to get your criminal record before you apply for any immigration relief, like President Obama’s new deferred action, and you need to ask a lawyer to review your record with you to make sure you qualify.

You need to get three different types of records if you have ever had any contact with the police in Massachusetts: (1) your FBI record; (2) your full Massachusetts criminal record (CORI); and (3) the local court records, which are certified copies of  docket sheets and police reports for each case listed on your CORI.