Submitted by Health-Law-Anno... on 04/16/2021 - 2:51pm.
1115 Amendment Comments- Sign-on Letter
Attached is MLRI's sign-on comments to MassHealth's 1115 Waiver Amendment. The comments ask for MassHealth to add reinstatement of three month retroactive coverage to the waiver amendment, and otherwise express support for all of MassHealth's amendment requests, summarized below:
- Expansion of eligibility for the Medicare Savings Program (MSP/ Buy-In), bringing MassHealth into compliance with the MSP expansion that went into effect January 2020
- Extension of the postpartum eligibility period from 60 days to 12 months, regardless of immigration status
- Provision of particularized community supports to justice involved people reentering the community
- Provision of clinic services (behavioral health services) outside of clinic locations- including via telehealth, in a person's home, or at a non-clinic community site
- Provision of medically necessary acute inpatient hospital services in patients' homes.
Our hope is that these comments will support MassHealth's case when they submit their amendment request to CMS for approval. The more signatures on the letter, the stronger the case!
If you'd like to sign onto these comments, please respond to this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name of your organization as you'd like it to appear on this letter by 5pm on (Friday) April 23.
MLRI Budget Summary:
Also, you can read MLRI's analysis of select issues in the House Ways and Means FY22 Budget Proposal here.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!