Re State-funded Extra SNAP: Help Spread the Word - DTA Outreach Materials/Videos
- Look out for another update/action alert today on the FY24 House Budget and priority amendments including Feeding Our Neighbors, Lift Our Kids and Hunger Free Campus amendments.
- Next SNAP Coalition meeting, Tuesday April 25th from 10 to 11:30 AM
- Basic Benefits Training - Elder Basic Benefits, Tuesday, May 2nd (MCLE and MLRI training series)
From: McCray, Kiyana R (DTA) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 3:00 PM
Subject: State-funded Extra SNAP: Help Spread the Word
Hello! Sending you the email (below) on behalf of Alana Davidson, Director of Communications, DTA.
TO: All DTA Advisory Board Members:
Ahead of Governor Healey and Lieutenant Governor Driscoll’s 100th day in office on April 15th, the administration is highlighting key accomplishments that make Massachusetts more affordable, competitive, and equitable. Governor Healey signed a $389 supplemental budget for fiscal year 2023 that combines many of the priorities the administration outlined in three separate bills filed by the Governor, including a three month off ramp for the end of enhanced federal SNAP benefits, providing families with 40% of the previous federal benefit to help keep food on the table. The Administration worked to get these benefits out as quickly as possible, with the first payment going out last Friday April 7.
The state has updated Mass.gov/ExtraCOVIDSNAP to share information on the state-funded extra SNAP benefits, help residents plan for the end of the temporary federal and state benefits, and be connected to other resources.
Help spread the word about the state-funded extra SNAP benefits:
- Outreach materials are available in 16 languages - including flyers, text/email/robocall templates and social media posts
- Videos are available in English, Spanish, and American Sign Language (ASL)
- Encourage households to visit Mass.gov/ExtraCOVIDSNAP to learn about the state-funded extra SNAP, how they can get the most out of their regular monthly SNAP benefits, and be connected with other resources
Thank you for your continued partnership.