MassHealth Publications in Response to COVID-19
From an email sent out by the Office of Medicaid/ EOHHS:
In coordination with agencies across the Executive Office of Health and Human Services, MassHealth/ EOHHS have released provider bulletins and additional guidance in response to 2019 novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
These policies expand telehealth coverage, including telephonic coverage, expand coverage through Hospital-Determined Presumptive Eligibility (HPE), provide information for providers to bill for COVID-19 lab testing, cover 90-day refills of prescriptions and early refills, and remind providers that there are no copays for lab tests and pharmacists cannot deny medications if a member cannot pay.
The bulletins and guidance are based on what is currently known about the transmission and severity of COVID-19 and will be updated as needed and as additional information is available. Please regularly check mass.gov/2019coronavirus for general updated information and mass.gov/coronavirus-disease-
The following bulletins and guidance have been posted:
- All Provider Bulletin 289: MassHealth Coverage and Reimbursement Policy for Services Related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Managed Care Entity Bulletin 20: Coverage and Reimbursement for Services Related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- All Provider Bulletin 288: Coverage Provided via Hospital-Determined Presumptive Eligibility
- Pharmacy Facts: Updates Related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Effective March 14, 2020
- Community Day Program Settings (e.g. Adult Day Health, Day Habilitation, Councils on Aging, etc.) 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
- Non-Agency Based In-Home Caregivers (e.g. PCAs, Independent Nurses, etc.) 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
- Agency-Based In-Home Caregivers & Workers (e.g. Home Health Agencies, Personal Care Management Agencies, Home Care Agencies, Adult Foster Care, etc.) 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
MassHealth is committed to working with providers, plans, and other stakeholders to ensure member needs continue to be met during this time. We thank you for your partnership and vigilance as we work together through the challenges of COVID-19. We will continue to update providers and members on further developments as it relates to the MassHealth program, and encourage you to consult both the MA Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control websites for the most up to date information.