Links to medical definitions and medical information:
- https://medlineplus.gov/ National Library of Medicine (NIH)
- https://www.cdc.gov/ Centers for Disease Control. Complements Medline Plus. Has an up-to-date compilation of late-breaking news from medicine, without a spin, just facts.
- https://www.mayoclinic.org/, Mayo Clinic. Content tends to be academic but very detailed and well researched. Good online search engine.
- https://www.hhs.gov/ Department of Health and Human Services
- https://www.drugs.com/ Fairly comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on most prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products.
- https://www.rxlist.com/script/main/hp.asp Internet drug index Similar to drugs.com, slightly less user friendly
University of IA website with free to copy pictures and useful quality links organized by topic
Great online complement of what they publish in print
- https://www.nih.gov/ National Institute of Health
- https://www.biomedcentral.com/ Access to peer reviewed medical journals
- JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association) https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama Current issue is always free
- http://www.nejm.org/action/cookieAbsent New England Journal of Medicine (one of the most established sources in the U.S. of authoritative med information), not free
- Medscape (WebMD) - Searchable medical information site
- For SSDI cases, ssa.gov is a must. Listing of Impairments are at https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/AdultListings.htm
- MassHealth has links to provider manuals that must be read before taking up any prior approval case- https://www.mass.gov/lists/masshealth-provider-manuals