Helping agency vs. an Authorized Representative

We often hear of confusion from DTA case managers and from community organizations about the role of a helping agency or individual vs. the role of an Authorized Representative. It is very important that persons assisting with a SNAP case are not conflated with an Authorized Representative. Attached are two one-page resources:
  1. Information on the difference between a helping party and an Authorized Representative, including forms/documentation needed
  2. Information on the SNAP interview and how to assist SNAP households as a helping organization