Submitted by Health-Law-Anno... on 10/20/2022 - 4:21pm.
Hello all, a few quick updates/ announcements:
1. Health Care Working Group Agenda
2. Public Health Emergency renewal; updated timeline
3. Oct 27 webinar on the Affordable Connectivity Program
Health Care Working Group Meeting:
Our next Health Care Working Group meeting was rescheduled from our usual Wednesday afternoon time to next Thursday, October 27, at 3pm.
- Health and Food with MLRI's Pat Baker and guests from Project Bread and the Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation
- Update on unwinding Medicaid continuous coverage after the COVID-19 public health emergency ends
As a reminder, here's the zoom information:
Dial by your location+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)Meeting ID: 892 6733 2775Passcode: 098455
Public Health Emergency Renewal:
Last week, Secretary Becerra renewed the federal COVID public health emergency (PHE) another 90 days. Here's the new timeline:
- November 12: The date the federal Secretary of HHS must give states 60 days advance notice if the PHE will not be renewed again in mid January. If he does not give notice by this date, we can expect the PHE to be renewed again.
- January 11, 2023: The end date of the current 90 day extension of the PHE (unless renewed again)
- January 31, 2023: The end date of MassHealth's protection from loss of coverage (unless the PHE is renewed again). This does not mean people will lose coverage on Feb 1. No one should lose coverage after Feb 1 until they've had another opportunity to renew their eligibility.
During the PHE, not returning forms did not jeopardize continued coverage, but after the PHE ends, this protection from loss of coverage ends too. That's why it will be important to make sure that MassHealth has current addresses so that people receive renewal forms and complete and return their renewals by the deadlines.
Affordable Connectivity Program Webinar:
Click here to register for MLRI's affordable connectivity program (ACP) informational session at 11am on Oct 27. Through this program, people can get a monthly discount on their internet service, and a one-time $100 discount on a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer.