A Guide to Gathering and Using Legislative History in Massachusetts
The article provides an overview of the legislative process in Massachusetts. It includes sections on:
- the Massachusetts legislative process and timelines
- sources of legislative history
- reconstructing a bill's legislative history
- where to find Committee and legislative documents, testimony and reports
- a checklist for gathering legislative history
- and more.
The guide was published in the February 2016 edition of the Massachusetts Law Review, published by the Massachusetts Bar Association.