FEMA Information (Federal Emergency Management Agency)


The FEMA website has extensive information on applying for assistance if you live in a county that has been covered by a disaster declaration.  It includes information about qualifying for two kinds of assistance from FEMA:

  • Housing Needs Assistance: gives money for homeowners to repair or replace homes. It also pays rent for people unable to use their homes. Where people can't rent a place to live, it gives them a mobile home to use.
  • Other Than Housing Needs Assistance:  Can pay for many other needs. These include medical, dental, transportation, moving and storage costs.

The FEMA website also includes information about whether you can qualify for FEMA assistance if you also have insurance.

See also FEMA's Disaster Assistance Frequently Asked Questions.

Additional resources: