These reports are required by DCF's budget, line item 4800-0015, which must be renewed annually. This requirement still exists in the FY 2018 budget. (see https://malegislature.gov/Budget/FinalBudget).
The department is mandated to report the following information annually no later than the last week of February of the fiscal year (February 28th 2018 for FY2018) to the House and Senate Committees on Ways and Means and the Chairs of the Joint Committee on Children, Families, and Persons with Disabilities, which may include but is not limited to:
- The number of medical and psychiatric personnel and their level of training currently employed by or under contract with the department;
- The number of foster care reviews conducted by the department and the average length of time in which each review is completed;
- The number of social workers and supervisors who have earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work;
- The total number of social workers and the total number of social workers holding licensure, by level;
- The number of the department’s contracts reviewed by the state auditor and the number of corrective action plans issued; and
- The number of corrective action plans entered into by the department
DCF has published three available reports, spanning 2015-2018.