BBT Training Materials
Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) present a series of trainings every year for legal, social, health services, and community advocates who assist low- and moderate-income individuals and families. Each session includes substantive materials and is led by expert advocates from legal services programs throughout the state, including Community Legal Aid, Disability Law Center, Greater Boston Legal Services, Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless, MLRI, MetroWest Legal Services, Northeast Legal Aid, Veternas Legal Services, Volunteer Lawyers Project and South Coastal Counties Legal Services.
Basic Benefits Training Materials
Below are links to a web page for each session. These pages includes links to the materials that were distributed at the session, related resources and power points for each session. In addition to serving as an overview of a topic, the power points can also serve as a framework for trainings that you conduct in your own communities.
- Tenants' Rights in Massachusetts
- Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter and Benefits
- Cash Assistance - TAFDC and EAEDC
- CORI - Basics of the New Law for Legal Aid and Community Service Providers
- Food Stamps/ SNAP 101
- Elder Benefits Programs
- Health Care Access Programs
- Income Maximization for the Working Poor
- Immigrants and Public Benefits
- SSI and SSDI Basics
- State and Federal Veterans' Benefits
- Unemployment Insurance: Helping Out-of-Work Clients Navigate the Unemployment System