Basic Benefits Trainings October 2023 - May 2024
In case you missed it, the October 2023- February 2024 MCLE/MLRI Basic Benefit Training program dates and registration information has been posted on the MCLE website! Information about trainings later in 2024 is included below.
The training programs will take place in person at the MCLE Conference Center at 10 Winter Pl, Boston, MA 02108 and will be live-streamed online as well.
Registration fee information below:
- Tuition for Legal Services Staff, Social Services/Health Services/Community and Non-Lawyer Advocates: $35.00 per person per session.
- Tuition for All Others: $125/person/session.
- Free for employees of sponsor organizations (including many legal services programs - check with your program to see if your program is a sponsor)
- Important note about the registration fee:
- The fee is $35 for non lawyer advocates/ legal services attorneys. The default fee that you will see on the registration page is $125. If you change the "All Others" dropdown to "Nonlawyer Advocates" or "Legal Services Attorneys," then click the "update" box in the order summary box to the right, the fee will update to $35.
- Emergency Assistance and Shelter Benefits: October 3, 2023 9:30am-3pm
- CORI: Basics of the Criminal Justice Reform Law: October 17, 2023 9:30am-1:15pm
- SSI & SSDI Basics: November 8, 2023 9:30-4pm
- Overview of the TAFDC Program, December 4, 2023, 9:30am-2pm
- Utilities Rights for Low-Income Households in Mass.: January 18, 2024 9:30am-4pm
- SNAP/Food Stamps Advocacy 101: January 24, 2024 9:30am-12:30pm
- Tenants' Rights: February 28, 2024 9:30am-3:30pm
- Health Care Access Programs: February 29, 2024 9:30am-4pm
- Unemployment Insurance: March 6, 2024 1pm-4:30pm
- Immigrants & Public Benefits: March 27, 2024 9:30am-3pm
- State & Federal Veterans Benefits: April 10, 2024 9:30am-4pm
- Elder Benefits: April 30, 2024 9:30-4pm
- Income Maximization: May 2, 2024 9:15am-3pm
How to Register
Go to MCLE's website to register.