2002 - DTA Transitions Newsletters From 2002
DTA Transitions Newsletters for 2002:
- December 2002: TAFDC AP'sreceiving SSI; Simplified FS application; FS Transitional Benefits Alternative (TBA); Food Stamp work requirements and the 36 month clock; FS Farm Bill semi-annual reporting.
- November 2002: Child Support; Direct Deposit; Disability; Department obligations under the ADA; Child Care Authorizations; Elimination of the STAFDC program and ongoing noncitizens; noncitizen changes in the TAFDC program; Food Stamp Quality Corner: recertification.
- October 2002: Elimination of STAFDC program; mandatory direct deposit; FS asset limit change for disabled individuals; change in beenfit availability for daily issuances; FS employment training and referrals; EA shelter placement and eligibility standard; right to an interpreter; Composition of the assistance unit where child is ineligible; noncitizen changes; Food Stamp Quality Control: if FS household pays half the utilities, entitled to half the SUA.
- September 2002: FS benefits for disabled recipients; computer matches; elimination of STAFDC program; clothing allowance; restoration of SSFSP benefits for August 2002; EA eligibility standard, rental arrearages, and disaster benefits.
- August 2002: Child support; 60 month time clock; changes to FS calculation for combined FS/SSFS households; FS changes from PRWORA and misc. changes; transportation for EA families in hotels; TAFDC, EAEDC, and FS noncitizen changes; restoration of SSFS benefits; waiving face-to-face interviews for NAP FS AU's; CLosing an AU member; Changing the address for Domoestic Violence AU's.
- July 2002: EA: court order-- 90 days to appeal;fair hearing rules corrections; FS expanded categorical eligibility; TAFDC child care; Food Stamp Quality Corner: Qualifying work quarters for LPR households.
- June 2002: Federal veterans match; Change in the number of free ATM cash withdrawals with EBT cards; Suspension of SSFSP program; suspension of EAEDC benefits; TAFDC and EAEDC: Good Cause criteria and the Good Cause Medical Statement; Department obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- May 2002: FS excess medical deduction; calculation of FS/SSFS combination cases; FS expanded categorical eligibility; fair hearing rules; FPL increase; suspension of SSFS benefits; insufficient fundsin the EA rental arrearage account; reductiojn of EAEDC benefits; treatment of Refugee Reception and Placement cash grant; Fs change reporting and new benefits.
- April 2002: Quality corner: For Food Stamps, direct child support is considered children's income but DEFRA payment is considered mother's (relevant where some household members are ineligible noncitizens); Vendor payments; teens in shelter.
- March 2002: Domestic Violence Teen Living Program; NPA FS Universal Quarterly Reporting; Hotel invoices; SSI interim reimbursement; Food Stamp Quality Corner: worker duty to inquire about landlord verifications, and to make changes to benefit amounts based on changed housing situations reported in monthly reports.
- February 2002: Family Cap Exception/ Waiver Request Form; New TAFDC 60 month period; Division of Hearings address change; EIC; Hotel/Motel revisions; EA shelter terminations; Food Stamps: Quality Corner: Income, immigration.
- January 2002: FS attributed amount, benefit issuance mechanism, and interview wrap-up; change to TAFDC/EAEDC financial eligibility-- noncountable income clarification; FS and TAFDC eligibility for Drug Felons; Food Stamp Quality Corner: reading a gas bill, obligation to put newborn child on for next month and issue supplemental payment if delayed.
To save files, right click and choose 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'
|Jan 02 Transitions.pdf||55 KB|
|Feb 02 Transitions.pdf||122.56 KB|
|March 02 Transitions.pdf||177.84 KB|
|April 02 Transitions.pdf||100.74 KB|
|May 02 Transitions.pdf||290.34 KB|
|June 02 Transitions.pdf||105.1 KB|
|July 02 Transitions.pdf||79.31 KB|
|Aug 02 Transitions.pdf||67.98 KB|
|Sept 02 Transitions.pdf||434.63 KB|
|Oct 02 Transitions.pdf||278.9 KB|
|Nov 02 Transitions.pdf||485.37 KB|
|Dec 02 Transitions.pdf||151.1 KB|