Update: the Moratorium has been extended to June 30, 2021.
On Sept. 1, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an Order entitled “Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19.” The Order declares a national moratorium on certain residential evictions. Below are important resources relared to the moratorium.
Summaries, Analysis, and Advocacy:
Materials for Tenants:
Other State and Federal Pronouncements on CDC Order:
State Court Implementation:
- Standing Orders
- Housing Court Standing Order 6-20: Temporary modifications to court operations based on the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the expiration of chapter 65 of the acts of 2020 (eviction moratorium)
- District Court Standing Order 10-20 Court Operations for the Adjudication of Summary Process Cases Under the Exigent Circumstances Created by COVID-19
- Boston Municipal Court Standing Order 11-20: Court operations for the adjudication of summary process matters post-Massachusetts eviction moratorium
- Notice of Approval - Suspension of Certain Provisions of Trial Court Rule I: Uniform Summary Process Rules (effective Oct. 5, 2020)
- Uniform Summons and Complaint
- Plaintiff Affidavit Concerning CDC Order
- Trial Court FAQ on CDC Order