Every year in January, the Social Security Administration (SSA) implements a Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for RSDI and SSI recipients. This year the COLA increase is 2.8%. This COLA can affect TAFDC, EAEDC and SNAP benefits. The Online Guide changes advise staff about:
- the implementation of the SSA COLA;
- the notices that will be sent to the affected households; and
- information on the 2019 Medicare B premiums, 2019 Medicare D deductibles and the 2019 Medex premiums.
COLA calculations for February 2019 will be completed on the following schedule:
- Social Security numbers ending in 0-4 will be completed from 1/19/2019 through 1/21/2019.
- Social Security numbers ending in 5-8 will be completed from 1/26/2019 through 1/27/2019.
- Social Security numbers ending in 9 will be completed on 2/2/2019.
|OLGT 2019-1 COLA SSA.pdf||181.24 KB|