- Update on federal SNAP issues including changing landscape in Congress
- October 2015 SNAP benefits decline due to drop in energy costs (DTA reports that the SNAP decline will now affect 152K SNAP households, mostly seniors - a lower number but still significant)
- Update on medical expense deduction outreach, review of recent DTA guidance to field on verification of expenses
- Recent DTA systems changes for handling Virtual Gateway applications, changes to the DTA Assistance Line "waiting room", discussion of fax problems and other issues you are seeing
- Update on upcoming 3 month time SNAP limit staring Jan 2016 - impacting ABAWDs (able-bodied without dependents) on establishing exemptions and identifying E&T and volunteer opportunities
- Recommendations to improve DTA's "Performance Scorecard"
- State Legislative campaign seeking common application, expanded SNAP outreach, reductions in "churning"
- Update on efforts to expand universal free meals (community eligibility provision), and what you can do in your local communities to continue to encourage schools to elect CEP.
Cass Room, 3rd Fl. ABCD 178 Tremont St. Downtown Boston
This training is co-sponsored by the ABCD Food Dollars Program, the City of Boston Commission on Affairs of the Elderly, the Greater Boston Food Bank and Mass Law Reform Institute.Â The training is FREE but registration is required. Click on THIS LINK to REGISTER If you have questions or need other information, contactÂ Â Roxanne Reddington-Wilde,firstname.lastname@example.org
|Oct 2015 - Elder-Disabled 1 and 2 HH chart- SUA drop 10-1-15.pdf||157.06 KB|
|FS-SNAP Calc Worksheet-Oct 2015 SUA and COLA changes - highlights.pdf||139.04 KB|