SNAP Coalition meeting tomorrow - March 22nd
This is a brief reminder that the Boston SNAP Coalition meeting is ON for tomorrow, Tuesday, March 22nd from 10 to Noon at St Francis House.(6th Floor). Yes, we are hardy New Englanders and one small snow storm does not delay our important work ! As a reminder, the AGENDA will include:
- ABAWD update - status of SNAP cases closing in April and what you can do to help ABAWDs extent or restore SNAP through exemptions
- Federal update from Ellen Vollinger of FRAC on current activities in Congress and strategies to support and defend SNAP
- Federal update on proposed USDA SNAP regulations and comment periods, including SNAP outreach restrictions, new hire match and more
- SNAP Gap campaign - House budget process and lining up co-sponsors for budget amendment to close the SNAP Gap!
- Elder Simplified Application Project (ESAP) waiver now filed with USDA - next steps to support DTA's waiver request
- SNAP Employment and Training - information on USDA approval of MA for SNAP ET technical assistance and what it means for providers
- Update from DTA on improvements to DTA Assistance Line, My Account Page/VG and other systems improvements on the horizon
- Discussion from Coalition members on local problems/issues surfacing including verifications, document processing, phone system access, immigrant screening issues, etc.
DTA ABAWD Webinar on Friday - March 25th
DTA has organized a SNAP ABAWD webinar for Friday, March 25th from 10 to Noon for community based organizations working with individuals who may be homeless, temporarily incapacitated or able-bodied but subject to losing their SNAP benefits. This webinar is FREE.
Below is the on-line and phone in information for the webinar (see yellow highlights). Please hang onto this email to be able to log in on Friday morning and get your pressing questions answered. The SNAP ABAWD 3-month time limit is a very confusing federal rule, but we are grateful that DTA is doing all it can to explain how it works and help community partners ameliorate the harm on low income households.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kaufmann, Miriam (DTA)
Date: Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 1:08 PM
Subject: DTA ABAWD Webinar
Here, finally, is the invitation information for the upcoming ABAWD webinar. Please forward to interested parties. Thank you for your help with this.
Please join DTA on Friday, March 25, 2016 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM for a Web seminar about the SNAP Able Bodied Adults without Dependents (ABAWD) Work Program requirement using WebEx.;
The purpose of the webinar is to answer the following questions:
What is the ABAWD Work Program requirement?
Who is subject to the ABAWD Work Program requirement?
How and when will the requirement impact MA SNAP recipients who are subject to it?
How can an ABAWD who has lost SNAP for failure to comply with the work requirement regain eligibility?
What is DTA doing to help ABAWDs?
How can stakeholders and community partners help? ;
Event Number: 593 813 483
Event Password: DTA123
To join this online event on its scheduled date/time please see the following steps. It is suggested that you begin joining the meeting 15 minutes early to allow any update/downloads to occur prior to the begin time.
2. Enter the event password: DTA123
3. Click "Join Now".
4. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to join the teleconference. To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Conference dial-in number: 1-800-747-5150Â
Access Code: 6466294
Assistant Director, SNAP Program Development & Contract Management