- Do you have clients who have trouble applying for benefits or completing a cash reevaluation or SNAP recertification because of a disability?
- Do you have clients who have trouble getting verifications DTA asks for because of a disability?
- Do you have clients who need specific accommodations from DTA, like an ASL interpreter or home visits?
- Do you have clients who have been offered an accommodation by DTA that seems not to meet their needs?
- DTA’s obligations to accommodate clients with disabilities
- Changes made at DTA to improve access for people with disabilities
- How to protect your client’s benefits through accommodations
- What kinds of accommodations may help your clients & how to get them
- Who to contact at DTA about these issues
- How to get help from Greater Boston Legal Services on these issues
Attached are the following materials and resources:
- A Powerpoint describing Harper, accomodations, ways to assist your client and more.
- A tool kit GBLS developed to help assist you in helping your clients.
- A chart of common accommodations
- 2 Sample accommodation requests- one for a client with primarily physical issues and one for a client with a combination of physical, psych and cognitive issues.
For up to date contact information for the Client Assistance Coordinator at each local DTA office, click here for a list on the DTA Contacts page.
To view papers from the Harper v. DTA litigation, click here.