Guidelines On Abuse Prevention Proceedings: Navigating Rough Seas
- Article written by Rebecca Cazabon, Pro Bono Managing Attorney at Foley Hoag LLP.
- Explains how the Guidelines for Judical Practice can be utilized as an effective resource in navigating complex issues that can develop in abuse prevention hearings.
- Provides examples of how the Guidelines are also regularly applied by courts to support and refine their understandings of domestic violence law.
- 2011 Guidelines incorporate diverse issues such as:
- recent transformations in social media
- a practical appellate-court-case-compiled analysis of what a plaintiff must show to extend a 209A protective order.
- Guidelines for Judicial Practice: Abuse Prevention Proceeding. Last updated in September 2011.
To save files, right click and choose 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'