Submitted by FoodSNAP on 04/18/2013 - 5:01pm.
The April SNAP Coalition meeting is next Tuesday, April 23rd from 10 to Noon at St Francis House, 39 Boylston Street.
The Coalition AGENDA will include:
- Update on SNAP and Farm Bill in Congress**
- FY2014 State Budget: Highlights on DTA line items; funding of MEFAP, WIC, Elder Nutrition and School Meals
- Discussion of Outside Sections of State Budget that restricting eligibility, impose a photo ID rule and impose requirements on retailers; amendments filed
- Recent DTA SNAP policy announcing $5 fee charges for replacement EBT cards - discussion of who gets charged, when and how
- Recent DTA cash/SnAP policy on reporting change of address and what verifications options clients have to report changes
- Dealing with ongoing lost documents not recorded by DTA, and "over verifying"
- Information on upcoming trainings on the SNAP Employment and Training (SNAP ET) program
- Feedback from Coalition members on issues flagged in recent USDA Program Access Review
- Upcoming film showings for "A Place at the Table"
** The Mass SNAP Coalition is pleased to report that Massachusetts is 100% "SNAP solid." Both Senators Warren and Cowan officially signed onto Senator Kirsten Gillibrand's "Dear colleague" letter urging Members of the Senate Agriculture Committee to full fund SNAP benefits. Second, we have all nine members of our House Delegation signed onto Congressman Jim McGovern's House Resolution 90 opposing cuts to SNAP. To view the Gillibrand letter to the Ag Committee and McGovern's House Res. 90, please go to: http://frac.org/action We have reason to be very proud of our Massachusetts Delegation.