Submitted by FoodSNAP on 09/25/2020 - 3:56pm.
A few resources below and info for Tuesday's SNAP Coalition meeting.
Need to raise volume to #BoostSNAPnow!
While the House passed a Continuing Resolution that includes important nutrition provisions on P-EBT and ongoing SNAP flexibilities, it does not do nearly enough - it does not provide a boost in SNAP, does not limit cuts to SNAP via USDA rule changes, does not extend boosted UI benefits, does not provide fiscal relief to states, etc.
The Boston Globe published an op-ed from the 4 MA Food Banks, MLRI and Project Bread sharing why we absolutely need a meaningful COVID relief package. We have seen the SNAP caseload increase 15% since March - our families cannot wait for relief. Please share the Op Ed with family and friends in sister states- with the ask that they call their Senators to push for meaningful COVID relief --and write LTEs to local news outlets.
SNAP Coalition meeting Tuesday 9/29
Reminder that we have our next SNAP Coalition Zoom meeting on Tuesday, 9/29. Agenda and Zoom info below.
Planned agenda (subject to change):
- Federal updates - including the Continuing Resolution, the campaign to #BoostSNAPnow and COVID relief
- State legislative updates - including SNAP Gap and status of state budget
- DTA updates - September P-EBT, SNAP emergency supplement, processing/COVID-19 procedures updates
- EOHHS issues much improved guidance on public charge - and strategy discussion on how to help families
- College students and food insecurity - checking in on what resources are available when colleges go remote
- What issues are you seeing? Are clients getting timely receipt of EBT cards, able to reach DTA, navigate paperwork?
Fliers on MAp-EBT.org in English & Spanish on September P-EBT
Updated MLRI resources on public charge - and reminder re. improved EOHHS guidance!Upcoming event from the Hunger to Health Collaboratory
We have updated our MassLegalServices.org/
publiccharge information to include the updated EOHHS guidance and to answer core questions about public charge. We have also updated our SNAP and public charge flier in English (translations to come!).