Submitted by FoodSNAP on 02/27/2017 - 2:26pm.
February's SNAP Coalition Meeting in Boston is TOMORROW, Feb 28th, from 10 to Noon at St Francis House. The AGENDA will include:
- An update on Farm Bill hearings/Congressional proposals on federal nutrition programs and the DCÂ NAHO conference
- Ongoing strategies to protect and defend SNAP working with our MA Congressional Delegation, MA State Legislature and Governor Baker and SNAP story collection campaign
- State Legislative campaigns including SNAP Gap/Common App, and the FY18 Budget process
- Newly formed Governor's Council on Older Adults
- Update/discussion of on DRAFT Pres Exec Order on Immigrants and Government Benefits
- DTA Connect - how is working for you and your clients? Are uploaded documents getting processed?
- Updates on DTA Assistance Line calls, case churn, verifications processing, SNAP ET and other DTA policy updates/changes
- SNAP case issues/problems you are seeing - open discussion
- Announcements/upcoming events