1. Coalition TOMORROW: This is a REMINDER that the July Coalition meeting (and last one til September) is tomorrow, July 27th from 10 to Noon at St Francis House in Boston. Among other items, the agenda will include a presentation on the recent UI extension just passed in Congress, basic info on UI claims and extensions, and a discussion of the USDA-approved waiver for expedited FS/SNAP for UI terminated households not eligible for further extensions.
Blogs on MLS -- All Posts
The next regularly scheduled Food SNAP Coalition meeting is Tuesday, July 27th from 10 to 12 at St Francis House in Boston. 39 Boylston Street, 6th Floor. This is the LAST meeting until September.
The Coalition agenda will include:
1) Social Networking resources to reach low income community college students:
1) Meet and Greet with our New USDA Food and Nutrition Service Regional Administrator, James Arena-DeRosa: The Food SNAP Coalition has a meeting scheduled with New England Regional Administrator James Arena DeRosa on Tuesday, June 22nd at 2 PM at the FNS Regional Office (10 Causeway Street in Boston - right near North Station). All Food SNAP Coalition members are invited, BUT I need to know if you plan to attend so that I can alert the NERO FNS Office.
As noted in an earlier email, Tuesday's Coalition meeting (6/29/2010) will also include a discussion/update about the SNAP Outreach initiative to implement the FY2011 state budget language. Here's some background information on the Outreach initiative some important resources.
1) SNAP Outreach Initiative:
* Update on Mass SNAP Outreach Plan Implementation for coming federal fiscal year (Oct 1, 2010 through Sept 2011): The following update is from Lauren Arms Ledwith, now of UMass Medical (UMMS):