Legal Resource Finder - Find Legal Aid
Do you need help with a legal problem in Massachusetts?
The Legal Resource Finder search results will give you contact information for legal aid programs, nonprofits, government agencies and court programs that may be able to help you with your legal issue for free or at a low cost. It will also give you links to legal information and self-help materials.
- How do I search for legal help? In the boxes below, enter your town or 5 digit zip code, check "yes" if you are age 60 or older, enter your household size and monthly income, then click on your issue from the list. Click on the statement(s) that most closely match your problem, then click the search button when it appears. For more information on searching, watch this short video. Or, read our detailed written instructions.
- Why do we ask for income? Some, but not all, referrals have income limits. If you do not know your exact monthly income, use your best guess. You will get links to legal information and self-help materials no matter what.
- Use this list of lawyer referral services if you need help with
- a criminal law, personal injury, worker's compensation case, or
- if you want to hire a lawyer.
- Need to search by your location only? Use the location search -- this will only give information about a limited number of legal services programs, it doesn't include links to legal information or other sources of help. Use the Legal Resource Finder if possible.