U Visas for Victims of Workplace Crime: A Practice Manual
Click here to go to Manual
The 190-page manual covers:
- U visa basics: overview of statutory requirements and application process
- Legal analysis and examples of qualifying criminal activity in the workplace
- Obtaining certification from labor and civil rights agencies, including the U.S. DOL, EEOC, NLRB, and state departments of labor
- Special considerations, including establishing substantial physical or mental abuse for victims of workplace crime
- A comprehensive appendix, including: fact sheets, sample intake forms, labor agency certification protocol, sample requests for certification, model U visa applications, declarations, motions for judicial certification, advocacy letters, and more.