On May 15, 2020, the Massachusetts Access to Justice Commission sponsored a virtual question and answer session for community advocates serving immigrant families in Massachusetts during the Covid-19 pandemic. Topics included:
- updates on immigration hearings,
- health and food benefits,
- unemployment insurance,
- worker rights,
- the Massachusetts eviction moratorium and
- legal information and referral resources.
Presenters included staff from the Children's Law Center of Massachusetts, the Justice Center of Southeast Massachusetts, Massachusetts Jobs with Justice, MetroWest Legal Services and the Rian Immigrant Center.
Additional legal information and referrals can be found at the following links:
- Mass Legal Help: www.masslegalhelp.org/covid-19 (see the links in the left sidebar --Legal information about a wide range of legal issues, including housing, family law, unemployment, the courts and more.
- Massachusetts Legal Resource Finder: www.MassLRF.org, or from the Find Legal Help link on Mass Legal Help To find contact information for the local civil legal aid program that serves your region. Also has contact information for other legal help resources, including nonprofits with legal programs, government hotlines, the private bar and other sources of legal help.
- Mass Legal Answers Online: www.MassLAO.org online legal advice from a volunteer attorney
- Call 211 for referrals to financial resources and help with basic needs
- Resource Wrap Up -- selected resources and links shared during the presentation
|Resources Wrap Up.5.20.20.docx||25.52 KB|