The Online Resource for Massachusetts Poverty Law Advocates

Utility Allowance and Federally Subsidized Housing

National Housing Law Project

From the pamphlet introduction:  "If you live in federally subsidized [or public]  housing, a utility allowance is the amount you receive to cover reasonable utility bills.  If the utility allowance is too low, you are getting overcharged for rent.  This pamphlet helps you figure out whether there is a problem with utility allowances and what to do about it."

Also, a related 2005 article: Utility Allowance Adjustments: How Housing Advocates Can Proactively Address Skyrocketing Energy Costs

To save files, right click and choose 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'
File Attachment: 

Limit Offer