Tues. 1/15 SNAP & Shutdown UPDATE - DTA updated resources & other info
Submitted by FoodSNAP on 01/15/2019 - 1:11pm.
Additional information to supplement yesterday's post.
Updated information from DTA:
- DTA has posted a very helpful SNAP Question and Answer page on Mass.gov HERE. Please refer SNAP households to this resource (in addition to our flier, attached again to this email). Let Vicky know if there are questions that you or your clients have that are not answered.
- DTA made a robo-calls yesterday to households with pending paperwork to encourage submission of missing paperwork as quickly as possible, and also updated the DTA Assistance Line message with this information.
Our advice to community groups handling new applications and pending cases:
- We encourage households whose SNAP cases are pending or who file a new application to get their case resolved as quickly as possible. There is a limited amount of federal funds for new applications and pending cases going into February. It is unclear when federal funds will no longer be available.
- We do not want anyone to panic! Continue filing new applications and helping households with DTA paperwork - but we do want to emphasize the importance of taking faster action than under normal circumstances.
- To learn more about what is going on in a case, see DTA Connect information here.
- We expect that in the coming days the DTA Assistance Line wait times will be long, and that local offices will be busy as well. Here is a list of local office information. Please let us know what your experiences are getting cases resolved with DTA.
Update from DTA on shutdown & SNAP at SNAP 101 Basic Benefits Training tomorrow, Wednesday 1/15
- Tomorrow is the SNAP 101 Basic Benefits Training in Boston from 9:30 to 12:30. DTA's SNAP Director, Brittany Mangini, will be presenting on the impact of the shutdown on SNAP and what steps DTA has taken and is continuing to take. You can still register or even register as a walk in tomorrow! Click here for more info.
Email us or or call MLRI at 617-357-0700 (Vicky x315) or Pat (x328) with questions. Thank you for all of your work to spread the word