Over 123, 000 comments already filed in opposition to Trump Admin public charge proposed rules - PLEASE file your comments this week!!
The Massachusetts Law Reform Institute, Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA), Health Care For All and Health Law Advocates have joined together as part of the national Protecting Immigrant Families (PIF) campaign to fight back against this regulation here in Massachusetts. Below you’ll find several resources to support your efforts in this final week of action.
Summary of the Regulation:
- A detailed explanation of the proposed rule and a list of frequently asked questions can be read here.
- A quick summary of the proposed rule can be found here.
- Read a newly released public charge report by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation & UMass Medical School’s Center for Health Law and Economics
We have until Monday, December 10th, 2018 at 11:59pm ET to file comments opposing this rule. That said, we recommend that everyone submit their comments by Friday, December 7th, in order to avoid running into any technical issues. We need comments that tell stories, as well as those raising more technical issues based on specific expertise. The key is that every comment must be unique and should not use boilerplate language.
- Helpful Ways to Approach Your Public Comment (Individuals)
- Helpful Ways to Approach your Public Comment (Organizations)
- Long Comment Template
- Sample Sector Comments
- Tips for Comments that Cite Reports/Expert Materials
Here the various ways that you can submit your comment:
- The PIF-MA comment tool includes local contact information for questions, feedback or requests for translation & will record a comment up to 5K characters that will submitted to regulations.gov. You can also submit PDF files to email@example.com
- The Food Research Action Center comment tool also allows you to file comments which FRAC will submit. There’s also a useful video on how to submit comments. http://www.frac.org/
- The Regulations.gov website - which is the official site and only site where commenters can upload longer comments and supporting documents. https://www.regulations.gov/
- Written comments can be filed by snail mail: Please reference DHS Docket No. USCIS-2010-0012 in your correspondence and use certified mail. Send to:
Office of Policy and Strategy U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
20 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20529-2140
- Tweet Storm! – Thursday, 12/05, at 2:00 pm ET: The PIF campaign is hosting a home stretch tweetstorm, encouraging partners in all sectors to join this final push using the #ProtectFamilies tag.
Thank you for standing with us! Have questions? Need guidance? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact advocates at MLR