Ops Memo 2014-20: Mandatory SNAP Employment and Training (E&T) Program and Job Search Requirements
On March 3, 2014, the Department modified BEACON to allow for the enrollment of all clients who are mandatory participants or voluntary participants in the SNAP Employment and Training (E&T) program. This mandatory program applies to all nonexempt household members between the ages of 16 and 59. All nonexempt household members must register and comply with the SNAP E&T requirements. Exempt household members can also volunteer to participate in the E&T program.
Purpose of Memo
The purpose of this memo is to provide updated information about the mandatory SNAP E&T program. The following reminders are included in this memo:
- mandatory SNAP E&T program requirements for all nonexempt household members;
- changes to the BEACON Work Requirements-FS Page and a data fix to support the enrollment of certain previously exempted clients;
- where to find SNAP E&T exemption reasons;
- enrolling mandatory and volunteer participants in SNAP E&T through BEACON;
- instructions on Self-Directed Job Search;
- where to find the acceptable good cause reasons for nonparticipation of mandatory participants; and
- instructions on how to disqualify a client for nonparticipation and how to remove an expired disqualification.
Operations Memo 2012-21 is now obsolete.
|OM 2014-20.pdf||82.11 KB|