Legal and Social Service Glossaries in Various Languages
The following are links to glossaries of legal terms in a variety of languages:
- Spanish (MA Trial Court, Office of Court Interpreter Services)
- Spanish (NJ Office of the Trial Court)
- Vietnamese (Washington, Office of the Administrator for the Courts)
- Cantonese (Washington, Office of the Administrator for the Courts)
- Korean (Washington, Office of the Administrator for the Courts)
- Laotian (Washington, Office of the Administrator for the Courts)
- The Sacramento Superior Court (California) has provided a glossary of legal terminology that has been translated into multiple languages, including: English, Arabic, Armenian, Hindi, Hmong, Mien, Mong, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Urdu and Vietnamese.
- The Minnesota Judicial Branch has glossaries of legal terminology in multiple languages, including: Spanish, Hmong, Somali, Mandarin, Arabic, Armenian, Mien, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian and Vietnamese.
- The Social Security Administration maintains an English-Spanish Glossary of Social Security Terms
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has an English-Spanish Dictionary.
- Fannie Mae publishes an English/Spanish Glossary of Industry Terms
- The Internal Revenue Service publishes an English-Spanish Glossary of Words and Phrases
- The Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Coporation publishes a searchable English-Spanish Glossary of Student Financial Aid and Postsecondary Education Legal Terms
- The National Center for State Courts has various multilingual glossaries posted by language.
- Pro Bono Net has a Language Access Initiative Section which includes a translation bank (must sign up for an account to view.)