Great news! SNAP Rules Update--Court Stops ABAWD Area Waiver Change
- Thank you to all of you who submitted comments opposing the proposed rule way back in April 2019. The judge repeatedly referenced comments that were filed - and the comments filed were a core piece of why the judge struck down the rule! We know that at least 30 Coalition members submitted in depth comments - and we are sure there were more of you. Thank you - your comments made a differerence!
- Thank you to the MA Attorney General's Office & AG Maura Healey for her office's steadfast support of SNAP and filing ltiigation in opposition to this rule in partnership with 14 other AGOs and NYC!
- Thank you to DTA for opposing the final rule and submitting a declaration in the lawsuit explaining why this rule would have harmed Massachusetts residents.
- Thank you to our national partners FRAC, Feeding America, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, and the Center for American Progress for their leadership on this issue.
- The time limit is suspended due to the pandemic - no one should be denied SNAP due to the work rules, they are not in effect right now!! See the MLRI google doc for fliers in English and Spanish.
- Seperate from this federal lawsuit, last week over 25,000 MA households were sent a Notice of Settlement as a result of the ABAWD litigation filed by MLRI. Please direct folks who have questions about this notice to Vicky Negus. For more information, click here.