Effective Communication with the Legal Services Client 2017
From Monday, June 26 to Friday, June 30, PLI will run an exciting update to the popular Interactive Learning Center program Effective Communication with the Legal Services Client 2017. Our fourth annual massive open online course (MOOC) is free for anyone looking to enhance their skills to better serve low-income client communities.
Chaired by Alicia Aiken, Executive Director of the Confidentiality Institute, the course will teach new attorneys and seasoned professionals how to work effectively and cooperatively with pro bono clients. The course blends traditional instruction and materials with interactive videos and discussion forums. The course will be held exclusively online, varying between 10-45 minutes each day. Attendees are expected to participate each day but may connect to each daily segment at any time, day or night.
You will learn:
- Strategies for establishing a trusting and productive relationship
- Tips for effective communication with your client
- Best practices for educating your client about the legal process
- Strategies for helping your client make informed legal choices
Effective Communication with the Legal Services Client 2017 will be of interest to attorneys assisting pro bono clients through representation or in clinical settings, firm pro bono coordinators and partners, corporate law department pro bono managers, law clinic students and faculty, incubator participants, and public interest and nonprofit organization attorneys and staff.
Here's what past attendees had to say:
- “I think this was one of the best designed and presented CLE programs I have ever attended (I’ve been practicing 35 years). The instructor was excellent! And I really like the method of presentation (five days, broken into manageable segments). I never got bored and I continually made ‘mental notes’ to apply in my practice.”
- “The interactive format of this course worked great! It was much more engaging than most of the other last-minute CLE I’m doing! I couldn’t look away! And the instructor was so thoughtful and engaging.”
This course is free and open to everyone! Please forward this announcement to any interested colleagues or networks working with low-income clients!