This is a REMINDER that the April Food SNAP Coalition meeting is tomorrow, April 24th from 10 am to Noon at St Francis House, 39 Boylston Street in Boston. The meeting will be in the 6th floor conference room.
AGENDA: The Coalition Agenda will include:
- Update on Farm Bill/Budget deliberations before Congress and how we can respond in Massachusetts.
- Update on the State budget (House budget floor debate on amendments started today, continues through this week);
- Discussion of the FNS evaluation of Massachusetts disaster response to the June 1st tornado and lessons learned,
- Update on state SNAP policies including how Web (Virtual Gateway) applications are going, changes coming to the My Accounts Page provider access, review of SNAP verification requirements,
- Local SNAP access and advocacy issues.
FY2013 State Budget Debate: URGENT ACTION NEEDED
Attached to this post are THREE fact sheets regarding DTA admin and benefits amendments:
- Fact sheet in SUPPORT of Amendments #272 and #480 which will increase DTA admininstrative funding (front line workers and DTA Central) to the appropriation levels requested by Governor Patrick.
- Fact sheet in SUPPORT of Amendment #804 which strikes offensive language in Section 35 of the House Ways and Means budget that seeks to unreasonably restrict recipient use of TAFDC and EAEDC cash assistance benefits.
- Fact sheet in SUPPORT of Amendment #664 to ensure line item language to protect the TAFDC clothing allowance, transportation assistance and rent allowance. (Sufficient funding is in the appropriation, this is a language-only amendment).
CALLS to your REPS in support of these amendments are critical! We will discuss some of these proposals and amendments tomorrow AM, but PLEASE make calls today!