Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) present a series of trainings every year for legal, social, health services, and community advocates who assist low- and moderate-income individuals and families. Each session includes substantive materials and is led by expert advocates from legal services programs throughout the state.The 2022-2023 series covers 13 different topics.
Note: Programs are offered in-person at MCLE's Boston Conference Center and by live and recorded webcast.
- Tuition for Legal Services Staff, Social Services/Health Services/Community and Non-Lawyer Advocates: $35.00 per person per session.
- Tuition for All Others: $125/person/session.
- Free for employees of sponsor organizations (including many legal services programs - check with your program to see if your program is a sponsor)
- Important note about the registration fee:
The fee is $35 for non lawyer advocates/ legal services attorneys. The default fee that you will see on the registration page is $125. If you change the "All Others" dropdown to "Nonlawyer Advocates" or "Legal Services Attorneys," then click the "update" box in the order summary box to the right, the fee will update to $35.
Go to www.MCLE.org to register:
Please share this with others who might be interested.
Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness
- Tuesday, October 4, 2022 9:30 am - 3:00 pm. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230051P01
CORI Basics: Criminal Record Sealing, Expungement & Related Issues
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 9:30 am - 1:15 pm. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230054P01
SSI & SSDI Basics
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230052P01
Overview of the TAFDC Program - Massachusetts’ Cash Assistance Program for Families
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 9:30 am - 2:00 pm. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230053P01
Utilities Advocacy for Low-income Households in Massachusetts
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230085P01
SNAP/Food Stamps 101 Advocacy
- Thursday, January 26, 2023. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230084P01
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230083P01
Health Care Access Programs in Mass.
- Monday, February 27, 2023, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230086P01
- Thursday, March 2, 2023, 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230088P01
Income Maximization for the Working Poor
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 9:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230087P01
Immigrants & Public Benefits
- Wednesday April 5, 2023, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230089P01
State and Federal Veterans Benefits
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023. 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230090P01
Elder Benefits Programs
- Tuesday, May 2, 2023. 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. https://www.mcle.org/product/catalog/code/2230091P01