Basic Public Benefits Advocacy Training Series: 2019-2020 Dates Announced
Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) present a series of trainings every year for legal, social, health services, and community advocates who assist low- and moderate-income individuals and families. Each session includes substantive materials and is led by expert advocates from legal services programs throughout the state.
The 2019-2020 series covers 13 different topics (see below).
MCLE, 10 Winter Place, Boston (Downtown Crossing)
Tuition for Legal Services Staff, Social Services/Health Services/Community and Non-Lawyer Advocates: $35.00 per person per session.
For Unemployment Insurance training only: Tuition for Attorney's signing up for Voluteer Lawyer's Project Unemployment Insurance Panel: $35.00 per person.
Tuition for All Others: $125/person/session.
Sessions - go to www.MCLE.org to register:
Please share this with others who might be interested.
Note: When registering on MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter & Benefits
- Monday, Sept. 23, 2019, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
CORI: Basics of the New Criminal Justice Reform Law
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
SSI & SSDI Basics
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Overview of the TAFDC Program - Massachusetts’ Cash Assistance Program for Families
- Thursday, December 12, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
SNAP/Food Stamps 101 Advocacy
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Utilities Advocacy for Low-income Households in Massachusetts
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm
Health Care Access Programs in Mass.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Income Maximization for the Working Poor
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 9:15 am - 3:00 pm
- Postponed to Thursday, June 18, 2020, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Immigrants & Public Benefits
- Postponed to Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
State and Federal Veterans Benefits
- Thursday, July 9, 2020, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Elder Benefits Programs
- Postponed to Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
|2019-2020 BBT Training Series (2).pdf||76.2 KB|