- Group and Email Lists
- All-Staff, AmeriCorps, Benefits Coalition, Consumer, CORI Coalition, Criminal and Immigration Law Workgroup, DCF -- Child Welfare, Disability Rights & Services, Elder, Emergency Assistance and Family Shelter, Employment Rights Coalition, Family Law Task Force, Foreclosure Defense, Health Law Coalition, Housing Coalition, Immigration Coalition, Language Access, SSI Coalition
- Basic Public Benefits Advocacy...
Basic Public Benefits Advocacy Training Series: 2018-2019 Dates Announced
Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) present a series of trainings every year for legal, social, health services, and community advocates who assist low- and moderate-income individuals and families. Each session includes substantive materials and is led by expert advocates from legal services programs throughout the state.
The 2018-2019 series covers 13 different topics (see below).
MCLE, 10 Winter Place, Boston (Downtown Crossing)
Tuition for Legal Services Staff, Social Services/Health Services/Community and Non-Lawyer Advocates: $25 per person per session.For Unemployment Insurance training only: Tuition for Attorney's signing up for Voluteer Lawyer's Project Unemployment Insurance Panel: $25 per person.
Tuition for All Others: $95/person/session.
Sessions - go to www.MCLE.org to register:
Please share this with others who might be interested.
Note: When registering on MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter & Benefits
- Thursday, September 13, 2018, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
CORI: Basics of the New Criminal Justice Reform Law for Community Providers and Legal Aid Advocates
- Monday, October 29, 2018, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
SSI & SSDI Basics
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Overview of the TAFDC Program - Massachusetts’ Cash Assistance Program for Families
- Thursday, December 13, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
SNAP/Food Stamps 101 Advocacy
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Utilities Advocacy for Low-income Households in Massachusetts
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Health Care Access Programs in Mass.
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Income Maximization for the Working Poor
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 9:15 am - 3:00 pm
Unemployment Insurance: Helping Out-of-Work Clients Navigate the Unemployment System
- Thursday, March 14, 2019, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
Immigrants & Public Benefits
- Thursday, March 28, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
State and Federal Veterans Benefits
- Thursday, April 4, 2019, 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Elder Benefits Programs
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
|2018-2019 BBT Training Series .pdf||106.48 KB|