- Group and Email Lists
- All-Staff, AmeriCorps, Benefits Coalition, Consumer, CORI Coalition, DCF -- Child Welfare, Disability Benefits Admin Group, Education Law Task Force, Elder, Emergency Assistance and Family Shelter, Employment Rights Coalition, Family Law Task Force, Foreclosure Defense, Health Law Coalition, Housing Coalition, Immigration Coalition, Language Access, MAP -- Medicare Advocacy, Research and Litigation, SSI Coalition, Website projects and Technology
- Basic Public Benefits Advocacy...
Basic Public Benefits Advocacy Training Series: 2017-2018 Dates Announced
Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) present a series of trainings every year for legal, social, health services, and community advocates who assist low- and moderate-income individuals and families. Each session includes substantive materials and is led by expert advocates from legal services programs throughout the state.
The 2017-2018 series covers 11 different topics (see below).
MCLE, 10 Winter Place, Boston (Downtown Crossing)
Tuition for Legal Services Staff, Social Services/Health Services/Community and Non-Lawyer Advocates: $25 per person per session.
For Unemployment Insurance training only: Tuition for Attorney's signing up for Voluteer Lawyer's Project Unemployment Insurance Panel: $25 per person.
Tuition for All Others: $95/person/session.
Sessions - go to www.MCLE.org(link is external) to register:
Please share this with others who might be interested.
Note: When registering on MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter & Benefits
- Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
SSI & SSDI Basics
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Basic Rules and Recent Changes in TAFDC - Massachusetts’ Cash Assistance Program for Families
- Thursday, December 14, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
State and Federal Veterans Benefits
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Food Stamps/SNAP Nutrition Benefits: Advocacy 101
- Thursday, January 25, 2018, 9:30 am - 12:15 pm
Health Care Access in Changing Times
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Income Maximization for the Working Poor (Families and Individuals)
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 9:15 am - 1:15 pm
Immigrants & Public Benefits
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
CORI: Basics of the New Law for Legal Aid and Community Service Providers
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 9:30 am - 12:15 pm
Unemployment Insurance: Helping Out-of-Work Clients Navigate the Unemployment System
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
Elder Benefits Programs
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
|2017-2018 BBT Training Series .pdf||183.97 KB|