Basic Public Benefits Advocacy Training Series: 2017-2018 Dates Announced
Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) present a series of trainings every year for legal, social, health services, and community advocates who assist low- and moderate-income individuals and families. Each session includes substantive materials and is led by expert advocates from legal services programs throughout the state.
The 2017-2018 series covers 11 different topics (see below).
MCLE, 10 Winter Place, Boston (Downtown Crossing)
Tuition for Legal Services Staff, Social Services/Health Services/Community and Non-Lawyer Advocates: $25 per person per session.
For Unemployment Insurance training only: Tuition for Attorney's signing up for Voluteer Lawyer's Project Unemployment Insurance Panel: $25 per person.
Tuition for All Others: $95/person/session.
Sessions - go to www.MCLE.org(link is external) to register:
Please share this with others who might be interested.
Note: When registering on MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter & Benefits
- Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
SSI & SSDI Basics
- Tuesday, November 29, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Basic Rules and Recent Changes in TAFDC - Massachusetts’ Cash Assistance Program for Families
- Thursday, December 14, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
State and Federal Veterans Benefits
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Food Stamps/SNAP Nutrition Benefits: Advocacy 101
- Thursday, January 25, 2018, 9:30 am - 12:15 pm
Health Care Access in Changing Times
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Income Maximization for the Working Poor (Families and Individuals)
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 9:15 am - 1:15 pm
Immigrants & Public Benefits
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
CORI: Basics of the New Law for Legal Aid and Community Service Providers
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 9:30 am - 12:15 pm
Unemployment Insurance: Helping Out-of-Work Clients Navigate the Unemployment System
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
Elder Benefits Programs
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
|2017-2018 BBT Training Series .pdf||183.97 KB|