Basic Public Benefits Advocacy Training Series: 2016-2017 Dates Announced
Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) present a series of trainings every year for legal, social, health services, and community advocates who assist low- and moderate-income individuals and families. Each session includes substantive materials and is led by expert advocates from legal services programs throughout the state.
The 2016-2017 series covers 11 different topics (see below).
- MCLE, 10 Winter Place, Boston (Downtown Crossing)
- Tuition for Legal Services Staff, Social Services/Health Services/Community and Non-Lawyer Advocates: $25 per person per session.
- For Unemployment Insurance training only: Tuition for Attorney's signing up for Voluteer Lawyer's Project Unemployment Insurance Panel: $25 per person.
- Tuition for All Others: $95/person/session.
Sessions - go to www.MCLE.org to register:
Please share this with others who might be interested.
Note: When registering on MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
- Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter & Benefits
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Unemployment Insurance: Helping Out-of-Work Clients Navigate the Unemployment System
- Friday, October 28, 2016, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
- SSI & SSDI Basics
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Income Maximization for the Working Poor (Families and Individuals)
- Friday, December 16, 2016, 9:15 am - 1:15 pm
- New Developments in TAFDC, Massachusetts Cash Assistance Program for Families
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- State and Federal Veterans Benefits
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Health Care Access in Changing Times
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- CORI: Basics of the New Law for Legal Aid and Community Service Providers
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 9:30 am - 12:15 pm
- Food Stamps/SNAP Nutrition Benefits: Advocacy 101
- RESCHEDULED Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 1:15 pm - 4:00
- Immigrants & Public Benefits
- Thursday, March 30, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Elder Benefits Programs
- Thursday, April 13, 2017, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
|2016-2017 BBT Training Series .pdf||120.7 KB|