AGENDA for 4/23 SNAP Coalition; House FY20 Budget Debate, SNAP for Strikers
Greetings SNAP Coalition Members. Lot’s going on this month, but just a brief reminder of the Tuesday SNAP Coalition Meeting and agenda (below).
House FY20 Budget debate starts MONDAY. Please continue to urge your State Reps to cosponsor the SNAP Gap Amendment #691 and the HIP Amendment #476. You can also see updated lists of the cosponsors by clicking here and inputting the amendment number. https://malegislature.gov/
SNAP for Strikers: We have translated the SNAP for Strikers flier into Spanish. Both the English and Spanish versions of this flier are available HERE. As we suspect you know from the media, the Stop and Shop strike continues. DTA has notified all DTA staff of the SNAP rules, consistent with our flier. DTA estimates that they currently have about 800 clients who work for Stop and Shop, but many more may well be eligible as this strike prolongs. If you have clients with children who also need TAFDC cash assistance, and run into problems with that, please let us know.
SNAP Coalition Proposed AGENDA for 4/23 from 10 AM to Noon, St Francis House 39 Boylston Street, Boston:
- ABAWD comments - over 70,000K ABAWD comments filed! TY!!
- Gearing up more USDA proposed rule changes, and 2018 Farm bill changes
State budget/legislation update:
- FY20 House Budget and status of key amendments (HIP & SNAP Gap)
- Discussion of Senate FY20 budget strategy
- Brief update on status of state legislation
SNAP policy updates:
- DTA’s simplification of IRs and Recertification forms and upcoming online option (DTA Connect)
- Working families policy options
- SNAP for strikers review of eligibility options
- DTA’s updated guidance on separate SNAP status for persons with disabilities unable to purchase & prepare
- Check in on DTA verification requests- are you seeing incorrect VC-1s sent to clients?
- SNAP for veterans, (brief update on recent event and upcoming events)
- Cases/issues you are seeing in your community.
Announcements, upcoming events