Advocacy Tools to Fix SNAP Cases, Reach DTA Staff or Ombuds
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Erroneously Closed SNAP Cases
The attached documents give you detailed information about steps you can take to get your SNAP benefits back on. This may help you if your case was closed because of DTA failure to review documents sent in or failure to act on an application or recertification.
- How to get a live person on the DTA's Assistance Line
- How to find out information on your case and see copies of notices
- How to reach a local office director or the DTA Ombudsman
- Forms to fill out for DTA to get verifications for you
- When to call the USDA New England office
- Calling your Massachusetts Senator or Representative
- When to file a new application
- Appealing a denial or termination
How can I quickly see DTA case information on a smart phone?
DTA now has a mobile app called DTA Connect where clients can see a range of case information by logging in with their SSN and year of birth. For more informatiom click here: DTA Connect information
See also updated TIPS packet including how to get case problems fixed, attachments and what to look out for and Click here for an updated DTA office contact list.
|SNAP triage training 6-12-2015 MLRI and CWJC - FINAL.pptx||1.88 MB|
|TIPS TO PROTECT YOUR SNAP packet 4-20-16.pdf||885.17 KB|